On Nov 2 15:18, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > On Oct 29 16:16, John Carey wrote: > > > From: Corinna Vinschen [corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com] > > > Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2015 1:02 AM > > > On Oct 28 10:14, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > ... > > > > > Thanks; that was fast! I tried replacing cygwin1.dll with cygwin1-20151023.dll . > > > > > > > > > > The original test case now works. I checked some of my other tests, > > > > > and unfortunately some of them failed, so I extracted out a new test > > > > > case, which is attached. My guess is that something is subtly different > > > > > about the timing on this test. > > > > > > > > Is this a regression? Did it work with 2.2.1? > > > > > > Answering myself here, this didn't work at all in 2.2.1. I can > > > reproduce the problem and I'm going to take a look. Not sure if > > > there's a quick solution, though. This looks like a deadlock > > > situation. The signal definitely got send, I just don't see yet > > > why it's not handled in wait_sig. > > > > Yes, test_pending_signal2.c fails in 2.2.1, though the symptoms > > differ: there is no Cygwin process left hanging that cannot be > > killed by a Cygwin signal. > > > > But both tests appear to pass in Cygwin 1.7.9, so in that sense > > it is a regression, just not a recent one. > > The regression here was my original fix. It didn't clear pending > signals for an exiting thread thorougly enough. I applied a patch now > which should fix this issue. I'll upload a new developer snapshot to > https://cygwin.com/snapshots/ later today or tomorrow (still looking > into the PrlFS issue). Please give it a try. Snapshot is up. The fix is in the 2.3.0-0.5 test release as well. Please give any one of them a try. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat