On Nov 19 10:18, cyg Simple wrote: > On 11/19/2015 10:13 AM, Andrew Schulman wrote: > > Does anyone care about that? Lately I don't. In fact I've skipped sending > > the last few, and no one seems to have noticed. > > > > Can we leave it to the maintainer's discretion about whether they need to > > send one of those on every update? Maybe it already is, and I didn't know. > > Of course some updates are important or need explanation or a headsup, and > > then the maintainer should send one. > > My opinion is that every time the package is modified there should be an > announcement of the new package and what was changed. Pointing to a > ChangeLog may be fine but not announcing the change is just wrong. I agree. Maybe cygport's new (in testing) "announce" command simplifies it enough to be not much of a burden? Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat