Hi Yucong Sun, On Oct 21 17:40, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > On Oct 21 22:43, Yucong Sun wrote: > > On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 10:15 PM, Corinna Vinschen > > wrote: > > > On Oct 21 21:49, Yucong Sun wrote: > > >> > What exactly is the malloc problem you're seeing? > > >> > > >> The specific problem I'm having is that jemalloc's malloc_init() calls > > >> needs to use pthread_mutex_init() or even pthread_mutex with a > > >> initializer. Both in-turn uses malloc, triggering this issue. > > >> > > >> A quick fix would be somehow make pthread always use system > > >> malloc/free, which shouldn't be that bad. > > > > > > What about using a native critical section instead? It shouldn't be too > > > tricky to conditionalize this in jemalloc. > > > > Possibly, jemalloc already have support of this. However I wasn't so > > sure that this was possible before, > > > > see https://github.com/jemalloc/jemalloc/blob/dev/include/jemalloc/internal/mutex.h#L80 > > Yes, that looks good. Please use critical sections for the time being. > We're going to drop XP support end of this year, but up to that point we > can't use SRW locks. did you manage to include jemalloc into Cygwin in the meantime? It would be very cool to get a patch to replace dlmalloc with jemalloc :} Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat