Hi Kacper, On Nov 23 19:09, Kacper Michajlow wrote: > 2015-11-21 17:24 GMT+01:00 Corinna Vinschen : > > Hi Cygwin friends and users, > > > > > > I released a new TEST version of Cygwin, 2.4.0-0.4. > > > > With this version I get permissions denied when trying to chmod a > folder created in a created folder... > > Basically this doesn't work for me: > mkdir test > mkdir test/test > chmod 755 test/test I need to see the ACLs of the parent dir of test, the ACL of test and the ACL of test/test via the icacls command, before calling chmod. > Additional top level directory after creating have drwx---r-x, and > even after chmod 777, it still have only drwx---rwx. Notice no group > permissions? I might be missing something here, but doesn't look > right, does it? It is right if you're using one of those annoying Microsoft accounts instead of a real local account. If so, the primary group SID in your user token is identical to your user SID. This scenario can't be easily translated to a POSIX scenario. The group permissions are set to 0 in this case to allow security sensitive applications checking file permissions to function without complaining of too open permissions. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat