On Dec 1 19:27, nu774 wrote: > After upgrading to Windows 10 TH2 (ver 1511, build 10586), any attempt > to launch a cygwin64 process from 32bit native app (for example, > C:\windows\syswow64\cmd.exe) *always* results in a fork error. > > To be precise, I can execute 64bit bash.exe from 32bit cmd.exe. > However, this bash process never succeeds in forking a child (ls or > something). > Also, I cannot launch 64bit mintty.exe from 32bit cmd.exe. It always > fails in a error dialog saying that: > > mintty: could not detach from caller > Try '--help' for more information. > > When launching from 64bit app, this issue doesn't happen. I created a workaround for this issue and uploaded new developer snapshots to https://cygwin.com/snapshots, as well as a new Cygwin test release 2.4.0-0.7 with this change (https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2015-12/msg00001.html) Please give any of them a try. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat