On Dec 6 10:47, Achim Gratz wrote: > Corinna Vinschen writes: > > The right thing to do is to change the base-files package to utilize > > /proc/cygdrive. It's a vrtual symlink pointing to the actual cygdrive > > prefix currently in use. If these symlinks under /etc used the > > /proc/cygdrive symlink, they would work all the time, independenly of > > the actual cygdrive prefix. > > I've looked into it and I'd like to give that task back to the cygpath > maintainer. :-) > > > Achim, any chance to tweak base-file accordingly? > > At the moment I'm using $(/usr/bin/cygpath -S -u) to get the system > directory. Since the /cygdrive prefix could be anything, I'd either > have to first figure it out via $(dirname $(/usr/bin/cygpath -u C:)) > since the output from mount is a bit unwieldy. Maybe we should just > force the cygdrive prefix to be /cygdrive for postinstall scripts > anyway. No offense, but you didn't understand what I mean, it seems. Don't call cygpath. Just use /proc/cygdrive directly. It's that simple. While the cygdrive prefix changes, /proc/cygdrive will *never* change. E.g. Substitute $(dirname $(/usr/bin/cygpath -u C:)) with /proc/cygdrive/c Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat