On Jan 4 10:24, Houder wrote: > On 2016-01-04 09:52, Marco Atzeri wrote: > >On 04/01/2016 09:03, Houder wrote: > >>Hi Corinna, > >> > >>I have been looking for an STC to show why cmp fails on Cygwin (and to > >>show the > >>difference between Cygwin and Linux). > >> > >>The STC below creates a pipe (pipe() is used), followed by calls to > >>fstat() and > >>stat() for both the read end and the write end of the pipe. > >> > >>(I also tested with popen()/pclose(): same result) > >> > >>Regards, > >>Henri Thanks for the STC. However, given how this stuff works internally, I have no good solution off the top of my head. I played with various ideas but to no avail. I add this to my TODO list, but I probably won't have a quick solution :( Thanks, Corinna P.S: It would be really helpful if you could stick to the original thread and simply use "reply-to" once a discussion has started. It's very confusing having to connect the various threads. Thanks. -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat