Hi Holger, On Jan 12 15:01, Holger Bast wrote: > Hey Corinna, > that are good news! > > I used the official Windows-edition of python trying to access > Cygwin's libmagic. So deinstalling the Windows-edition and installing > Cygwin's python solved my problem! > > To run my script you need the external python package, not the wrapper > that is shipped with Cygwin. > > 1) Installing pip (The PyPA recommended tool for installing Python packages.) > see https://pip.pypa.io/en/stable/installing/ > 2) pip install pyhton-magic > 3) run the script >   > But you don't have to do that... it works ;) That's really good news. Thanks for your feeedback. > Also thanks for the new file version! You're welcome, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat