On Jan 13 12:48, random user wrote: > >> It's a bit late now to change how Cygwin constructs and evaluates ACLs. > > Sorry, with the holidays and other issues it wasn't possible for me to > look at the test drops earlier. We're testing this Cygwin change for four(!) months now. I release the first one on Sep 2nd. It's a bit late now just to support some border case within 48 hours before the release. Also consider that NFSv4 uses yet another way to create POSIX-like ACLs which apparently doesn't match the NTFS-3G layout either. It's not so much the layout of the ACL which decides, it's that every implementation can work with the ones created by other implementations. There's that weird problem with the dir recognized as socket, but that's something I'll look into at one point. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat