On Jan 14 10:17, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > On Jan 13 12:48, random user wrote: > > >> It's a bit late now to change how Cygwin constructs and evaluates ACLs. > > > > Sorry, with the holidays and other issues it wasn't possible for me to > > look at the test drops earlier. > > We're testing this Cygwin change for four(!) months now. I release > the first one on Sep 2nd. It's a bit late now just to support some > border case within 48 hours before the release. Also consider that > NFSv4 uses yet another way to create POSIX-like ACLs which apparently > doesn't match the NTFS-3G layout either. It's not so much the layout > of the ACL which decides, it's that every implementation can work > with the ones created by other implementations. There's that weird > problem with the dir recognized as socket, but that's something I'll > look into at one point. I did and found the problem. Please give the latest snapshot from https://cygwin.com/snapshots/ a try. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat