On Feb 8 12:01, Ismail Donmez wrote: > Hi, > > cdrtools has some code to detect Solaris style ACLs: > > #if defined(HAVE_ACL) && defined(HAVE_FACL) && \ > defined(HAVE_ACLFROMTEXT) && defined(HAVE_ACLTOTEXT) > # define HAVE_SUN_ACL 1 /* Sun UFS ACL's present */ > #endif > > Since cygwin still seems to be defining aclfromtext() and acltotext() > functions (which are not defined in POSIX) cdrtools thinks this a > Solaris-style system and get up getting a compile error later on. Probably due to including sys/acl.h. Does swtiching to cygwin/acl.h help? Or changing the above check to prefer POSIX ACLs over Solaris ACLs? > Since we are switching to POSIX ACLs it would be nice to remove > Solaris-only ACL functions. We can't do that for backward compatibility. The Solaris function have to stay available, not the least for Cygwin's getfacl/setfacl which still use them. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat