On Feb 8 15:31, Ismail Donmez wrote: > On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 3:18 PM, Corinna Vinschen > wrote: > > On Feb 8 12:01, Ismail Donmez wrote: > >> Hi, > >> > >> cdrtools has some code to detect Solaris style ACLs: > >> > >> #if defined(HAVE_ACL) && defined(HAVE_FACL) && \ > >> defined(HAVE_ACLFROMTEXT) && defined(HAVE_ACLTOTEXT) > >> # define HAVE_SUN_ACL 1 /* Sun UFS ACL's present */ > >> #endif > >> > >> Since cygwin still seems to be defining aclfromtext() and acltotext() > >> functions (which are not defined in POSIX) cdrtools thinks this a > >> Solaris-style system and get up getting a compile error later on. > > > > Probably due to including sys/acl.h. Does swtiching to cygwin/acl.h > > help? Or changing the above check to prefer POSIX ACLs over Solaris > > ACLs? > > This is a generic code so I don't want to add a cygwin specific > dependency there. Is there a preprocessor definition for cygwin > version? I could use that to disable HAVE_SUN_ACL for cygwin 2.5+ If you include cygwin/version.h you could use the version definitions. Alternatively we could allow to use the Solaris ACL functions even if only including sys/acl.h, given some macro: sys/acl.h: #ifdef __USE_OLD_SOLARIS_ACL_FUNCTIONS # include #else [...POSIX definitions...] #endif Would that help? Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat