On Feb 8 18:12, xnor wrote: > > >Nobody: Read > Small correction, this entry is actually > S-1-5-21-559282050-488988736-2019639472-513 > > which actually stalls the file properties window when switching to the > security tab for a while. I guess Windows is trying to resolve this SID but > gives up (there is no such SID on my system) and eventually replaces the > display name with Nobody. No idea why this is stalling your machine, but the above group SID always exists on all machines and is perfectly valid (SID == machine SID + RID 513). It's the primary group of all local (non-AD) user accounts, and it's called "None" in English, with a localized name in other locales. > Something is seriously broken here. Not that. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat