On Feb 8 13:24, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote: > On 2016-02-08 08:10, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > >Alternatively we could allow to use the Solaris ACL functions even if > >only including sys/acl.h, given some macro: > > > > sys/acl.h: > > > > #ifdef __USE_OLD_SOLARIS_ACL_FUNCTIONS > > # include > > #else > > [...POSIX definitions...] > > #endif > > Do the functions or typedefs conflict in any way? No, they don't. However, I encountered a problem when exposing the Solaris API at the same time as the POSIX API via sys/acl.h. Vim's autoconf test failed to recognize support for the POSIX API. Try this entirely harmless (from the POSIX POV) piece of code: #include #include acl_t acl; int main () { acl = acl_get_file("foo", ACL_TYPE_ACCESS); return 0; } Works fine, but now try this with an additional #include You'll get an error message: $ gcc -c acl.c acl.c:5:7: error: ‘acl’ redeclared as different kind of symbol acl_t acl; ^ In file included from acl.c:2:0: /usr/include/cygwin/acl.h:76:13: note: previous declaration of ‘acl’ was here extern int acl (const char *__path, int __cmd, int __nentries, ^ The existence of the functions acl and facl is entirely unexpected in the POSIX context. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat