On Feb 12 16:58, Erik Soderquist wrote: > On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 2:20 PM, Warren Young wrote: > > The last time this topic came up, I came away with the impression that the only reason Cygwin hasn’t jettisoned XP support yet is that it’s more work than ignoring that old code. > > I have the same impression. Perhaps Corinna can confirm that? Basically, yes. The next version of Cygwin will still run under XP with a high likelyhood since I didn't remove any code yet, and I didn't addd any OS function calls not available on XP. However, I don't test on XP or 2K3 anymore, and I'll mostly ignore bug reports related to running under XP in future. As soon as a new version of Cygwin won't run on XP/2K3 anymore, I'll let everyone know early enough. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat