On Mar 9 08:59, Eric Blake wrote: > On 03/08/2016 05:02 PM, Eric Blake (cygwin) wrote: > > A new release of coreutils, 8.25-1, has been uploaded, and will be > > available soon from your favorite mirror. This leaves 8.24-3 as the > > previous version. > > > > > I'm also planning to build an experimental coreutils-8.25-2 against the > > experimental cygwin 2.5 with its new ACL handling, for those that would > > like to test that it won't introduce regressions. > > Now available. Please give it a spin, and report any problems you > encounter, so that we can fix coreutils and/or cygwin prior to promoting > this experimental work to current. Thanks Eric! I toyed around with it and promptly found two bugs in the new POSIX ACL API. An ls -l in my home dir simply hang. Turned out, the code was trying to call open(2) on a FIFO to find out if the file has an extended ACL. While fixing I found bug 2: acl_extended_file is supposed to return 1 if the ACL is extended, 0 if not. But my implementation simply returned the number of ACL entries. I fixed that right away. I'll upload a new 2.5.0 test release shorty. Thanks again, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat