On Mar 14 09:34, Jun-ya Kato wrote: > It also depends on AAAA query againt VMware's DNS proxy server. > > For more analysis, see vmware community site, > https://communities.vmware.com/thread/518949?start=15&tstart=0 > > > I think it is not cygwin's bug at all. but any workaround may be > implemented againt weak behavior of GetAddrInfoW() API. As mentioned in the above posting, Cygwin always sets AI_ALL if ai_family is PF_UNSPEC and the hints don't specify AI_ADDRCONFIG. Apparently Winsock's GetAddrInfoW chokes on AI_ALL in certain circumstances. On GLibc, AI_ALL is ignored if AI_V4MAPPED is not given, but that's not as I observed it on Windows when I added this code (back in Vista times, but hey). There's an easy workaround possible: If GetAddrInfoW returns the error code WSANO_RECOVERY (per the above posting), we can retry without the AI_ALL flag. Is anybody here affected by this problem willing to give this a test? I can create another Cygwin 2.5.0 test release pretty soon... Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat