On Mar 15 15:42, Nick.Battle@uk.fujitsu.com wrote: > Hi Corinna, > > >> In theory this should only happen if you *only* use passwd in > >> /etc/nsswitch.conf. If you use default settings (passwd db), this > >> branch should not be hit either. > >> > >> So I wonder how your /etc/nsswitch.conf looks like. Are you using > >> > >> passwd: passwd > >> group: passwd > > > > We install the following in nsswitch.conf just before running ssh-host-config: > > > > passwd: files > > group: files > > db_home: windows > > > > Does that explain the path we're taking? > > Looking at the csih scripts, that would take the code into the mkpasswd branch with the bug. > So perhaps no one has noticed this before simply because the default behaviour skips it. Yup, makes sense. Thanks for checking. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat