On Mar 30 16:39, mihau wrote: > hello, > > (my setup is latest cygwin 32bit on Win XP SP3, logged in as Administrator) > > I have just updated my cygwin installation after a year or so and stumbled upon > weird behavior with its wget build. it seems to screw file access permissions on > downloaded files, rendering e.g. downloaded exe files unusable (because even the > administrator doesnt have the rights to execute them). Remove your /etc/passwd and /etc/group files. Don't regeneate them, they are not required anymore (https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html) Then try again. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat