On Apr 5 10:51, Ismail Donmez wrote: > Hi, > > On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 12:29 AM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote: > > Hi Cygwin friends and users, > > > > > > Corinna just released a new Cygwin TEST version 2.5.0-0.11. > > > > If things are not going very wrong, this is basically what you'll > > get as 2.5.0-1 release (really, we mean it this time). Please, please test > > and report regressions. > > This results in a very interesting regression for me. Running zsh in > login mode with zsh --login fails and turns out that it hangs at > > /etc/zprofile line 56 which basically says: > > USER="$(/usr/bin/id -un)" > > I tried running the same command under zsh (without login mode) and > fair enough it works fine, so I went ahead and commented that line and > it now hangs at line 145: > > HOSTNAME="$(/usr/bin/hostname)" > > and well it seems that running any subcommand inside a zsh script > seems to hang. I confirmed this with a script of mine which hung at a > "cat" command. Confirmed. The culprit is apparently commit 0008bde. I reverted it and create a -0.12 ASAP. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat