On Apr 19 09:22, Tomas Jura wrote: > Hi > > I got error chmod on config.lock failed: Invalid argument and I was able to > catch the strace. It is attached. What I see from the strace, chmod fails to request group information: 299755 597014 [main] chmod 5840 internal_getlogin: group not found in group DB So it looks like either your /etc/passwd or your /etc/group file is broken. The new account handling is a bit more sensitive to broken passwd and group files. For more information on the changes in account handling see https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-mapping For a start, just move both files out of the way, stop your Cygwin processes and try again. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat