On Apr 18 23:38, Aaron Digulla wrote: > On 17.03.2016 21:04, Björn Stabel wrote: > > I couldn't replicate it either, but the question I started this thread > > with is unrelated to either of the ping tools. > > Here it is again: > > > > The ctrl-c shortcut doesn't reliably kill applications (anymore?). > > It has been that way for at least a year now. > > I can confirm that. It's worse with native applications. In my case, I > have scripts which invoke Maven (a Java application). > > Ctrl+C kills the script but the signal isn't forwarded to the Windows > process, so the Java process is stuck in the background. > > To make matters worse, it tries to write to stdout which isn't properly > connected anymore. This can lead to Windows starting to trash the > harddrive until you have to turn off the computer. > > Might be related to Ctrl+S/Ctrl+W handling as well (Unix kind of Scroll > Lock) which is also broken for native programs (you can freeze them but > Ctrl+W has no effect anymore until Windows freezes). Shouldn't that be Ctrl-Q? Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat