On Apr 21 09:15, Tomas Jura wrote: > On 04/20/2016 04:25 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > >On Apr 20 15:05, Tomas Jura wrote: > >>On 04/19/2016 03:39 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > >>>>BTW: My machine is Windows Server 2008, yesterday I also run the Windows > >>>>update procedure before I notified the chmod error. > >>>>A months ago, I had to migrate to the new AD account. The cygwin was > >>>>installed using my old account, which is deleted now. Is it possible that > >>>>the query to AD runs under my old account? > >>>That's a good question. The problem is that I can't see *why* the > >>>requests fail. This bugs me since failing LookupAccountSid calls should > >>>result in a debug message when running strace. > >>> > >>>Do you have changed your /etc/nsswitch.conf file by any chance? > >>No I did not. All lines are commented out there. > >> > >>>Would you mind to create strace output of the command `id'? > >>See attachment > >Thanks. It's not helpful, unfortunately. The only hint that something > >is going wrong is the same message as with chmod: > > > > internal_getlogin: group not found in group DB > > > >There's no other strace message even remotely related to account mapping. > >I don't grok that. There should really be some error message :( > > > >Btw., what's the output of `id'? > > > >I'm wondering... is it possible that LDAP access to your DCs is > >restricted? > > > >Also, can you change /etc/nsswitch.conf like this: > > > > db_enum: cache local primary > > > >(seehttps://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-mapping-nsswitch-enum) > > > >exit and restart your shell and call `getent group'? What does it > >print? Are the AD accounts enumerated and what info is printed for > >them? Examples are sufficent, I don't need your entire AD DB :) > > > >Also, what does `getent passwd $USER' print? > > > > > >Corinna > > > Hi > > Trying to modify the /etc/nsswitch.conf , I found that I can't write it ! > The file is writable only by the user which created it and which not exists > any more (see above my story). I changed owner and access rights for > /etc/nsswitch.conf and whole /var directory tree (also /var/cache). And > it's started working! > > Then I removed the modifications of the /etc/nsswitch.conf (all lines > commented) and it works too. It seems that the problem is related to file > access rights to /var. Weird. Cygwin doesn't use /var by itself. Only applications do. But, anyway, I'm glad you could fix it. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat