On Jun 10 00:07, Achim Gratz wrote: > Warren Young writes: > > Unfortunately, it is a GUI program, which seems to go against the OP’s actual wish, which is for a command line program. > > Right. Plus it doesn't have the translation capabilities that I needed > in this particular case. > > > If the OP can stand a curses terminal program (as opposed to a purely > > bytestream oriented program like cu or direct /dev/tty* access) then > > I’d suggest minicom. > > I've used minicom on Linux for similar hardware. It also doesn't have > the translation capabilities needed since usually the IOCTL layer does > it, which remains unimplemented in Cygwin for serial lines. It doesn't have to stay this way, you know? https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#SHTDI https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PGA Ideally by somebody who knows how this dreaded Windows serial line API works... Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat