* cygwin ports
@ 2016-08-11  6:40 Franz Fehringer
From: Franz Fehringer @ 2016-08-11  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Dear cygwin community,

Since yesterday the setup.ini from the cygwin ports site as well as from
all mirrors ceases to verify. Additionally gmane has shut down its web
interface so i cannot access the cygwin ports mailing lists any more. Is
there any advice / help on this?

Thanks and best regards

Franz

* Re: cygwin ports
@ 2016-08-11  6:57 ` Franz Fehringer
From: Franz Fehringer @ 2016-08-11  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Am 11.08.2016 um 08:33 schrieb Franz Fehringer:
> Dear cygwin community,
>
> Since yesterday the setup.ini from the cygwin ports site as well as from
> all mirrors ceases to verify. Additionally gmane has shut down its web
> interface so i cannot access the cygwin ports mailing lists any more. Is
> there any advice / help on this?
>
> Thanks and best regards
>
> Franz

This also means that the newsgroups link on the cygwin main page is
broken now.

* Re: cygwin ports
@ 2016-08-11  9:29   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2016-08-11  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Aug 11 08:39, Franz Fehringer wrote:
> Am 11.08.2016 um 08:33 schrieb Franz Fehringer:
> > [...] Additionally gmane has shut down its web
> > interface so i cannot access the cygwin ports mailing lists any more. Is
> > there any advice / help on this?
> [...]
> This also means that the newsgroups link on the cygwin main page is
> broken now.

Yeah, what a pity :(

I'll fix this later today.

Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: cygwin ports
@ 2016-08-11 17:32     ` Will Parsons
From: Will Parsons @ 2016-08-11 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thursday, 11 Aug 2016  2:57 AM -0400, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> --sglnxm7oayejr3gt
>
> On Aug 11 08:39, Franz Fehringer wrote:
>> Am 11.08.2016 um 08:33 schrieb Franz Fehringer:
>> > [...] Additionally gmane has shut down its web
>> > interface so i cannot access the cygwin ports mailing lists any more. Is
>> > there any advice / help on this?
>> [...]
>> This also means that the newsgroups link on the cygwin main page is
>> broken now.
>
> Yeah, what a pity :(
>
> I'll fix this later today.

Just the web interface shut down.  I'm posting via Gmane right now.

--
Will

* Re: cygwin ports
@ 2016-08-11 20:21       ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2016-08-11 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Aug 11 12:55, Will Parsons wrote:
> On Thursday, 11 Aug 2016  2:57 AM -0400, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > --sglnxm7oayejr3gt

> >> [...]
> >> This also means that the newsgroups link on the cygwin main page is
> >> broken now.
> >
> > Yeah, what a pity :(
> >
> > I'll fix this later today.
>
> Just the web interface shut down.  I'm posting via Gmane right now.

I created a minimal local website to explain how to access the gmane.org
NNTP gateway.  Have a look at https://cygwin.com/ and follow the
"Newsgroups" link on the left-side navigation bar.  It's not much but at
least it contains more information than a pointer into web nirvana due
to closing the gmane.org website.

HTH,
Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: cygwin ports
@ 1999-01-31 23:52 ` Anil K Ruia
From: Anil K Ruia @ 1999-01-31 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Whatley; +Cc: gnu-win32

This is unrelated to your problem but I noticed that you have got tin
installed.  I would appreciate it if you could make a summary of the
build step.
- Anil

-