On Sep 1 07:14, Fjor wrote: > Hi, Prabhakar, > > I upgraded my cygwin in XP to 2.6 and found that it doesn't work, https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2016-08/msg00114.html, second paragraph. > Of course, when we have to upgrade packages again in the future, we must > confirm that these three packages are marked "keep" to avoid them to be > modified by the installer during the upgrading process. The 2.5.2 package will go away at one point. Keep a copy, but there's no guarantee that future applications will continue to work on 2.5.2, given that we add API entry points. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat