On Nov 10 02:55, Brian Inglis wrote: > On 2016-11-10 02:16, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > On Nov 9 13:53, L. A. Walsh wrote: > > > I thought I remember an announcement about 32-bit support > > > going away in cygwin and that cygwin would only be built for > > > 64-bit? Am I imagining this or was this reversed? > > > > We only (kind of) joked about it. > > MS will release that fix in an upcoming Anniversary Update, if > the 32 bit MS Office Education and Enterprise licence revenue > ever dwindles, and Insider devs' systems tell MS they don't do > 32 bit builds. Good thing MS doesn't collect user data... > Cygwin won't have to worry about it, as they won't have a WoW > to work on any more ;^> I heard there are still lots of real 32 bit Vista/W7/W8.1/W10 systems running, but I wonder what's the point. I won't actively pursue dropping 32 bit, albeit getting rid of 32 bit would be a bit of a relief in terms of ugly `#ifdef' handling in the code. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat