On Nov 17 14:30, Erik Bray wrote: > Hi all, > > For a quick bit of background, I'm working on porting the highly > useful psutil [1] Python library to Cygwin. This has proved an > interesting exercise, as much of the functionality of psutil works on > Cygwin through existing POSIX interfaces, and a handful of > Linux-specific interfaces as well. But there are some bits that > simply don't map at all. > > The one I'm struggling with right now is retrieving Cygwin environment > variables for a process (under inspection--i.e. not listing a > process's environment from within that process which is obviously > trivial). > > I've looked at every route I could conceive of but as far as I can > tell this is currently impossible. That's fine for now--I simply > disable that functionality in psutil. But it is unfortunate, though, > since the information is there. > > There are a couple avenues I could see to this. The most "obvious" > (to me) being to implement /proc//environ. > > I would be willing to provide a patch for this if it would be > accepted. Is there some particular non-obvious hurdle to this that it > hasn't been implemented? Obviously there are security > implications--the /proc//environ should only be readable to the > process's owner, but that is already within Cygwin's capabilities, and > works for other /proc files. Patch welcome. Implementing this should be fairly straightforward. The only hurdle is winsup/CONTRIBUTORS ;) Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat