On Nov 26 02:42, Vadim Zeitlin wrote: > Hello, > > I seem to have a special talent for finding problems related to the > handling of doubled consecutive slashes in cygpath, as 5 years after > posting my previous bug report on this topic (see > http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2011-06/msg00212.html), I have another one > which is also best shown with an example obtained with the latest Cygwin > 2.6.0 version under Windows 7: > > [~]% cd /tmp > [/tmp]% mkdir dir > [/tmp]% cd $_ > [/tmp/dir]% cygpath -a ../dir > /tmp/dir > [/tmp/dir]% cygpath -a ./../dir > /tmp/dir > [/tmp/dir]% cygpath -a .//../dir > /tmp/dir/dir > > The last one is, of course, incorrect, as it should still output /tmp/dir. > Notice that the problem doesn't happen if "-am" or "-aw" is used, only for > "-a" on its own, so it does have a simple workaround: realpath can be used > instead. But I still wanted to report it in the hope that it might at least > help somebody else if they run into it (it took me quite some time to > realize that the bug wasn't in my own makefile but rather in cygpath > itself...). > > Please let me know if you'd like me to provide any further information and > thanks in advance for looking at this, I could easily reproduce the problem and pushed a patch to the repo. I uploaded a new developer snapshot to https://cygwin.com/snapshots/, please give it a try. I guess a 2.6.1 bugfix release is due soon. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat