On Jan 12 15:30, Nellis, Kenneth (Conduent) wrote: > From: Masamichi Hosoda > > If I understand correctly, > > POSIX behavior should be able to replace the writable opened file by > > rename(). > > But, It does not work on my Cygwin environment. > > > > Is it no problem if Cygwin's behavior is different from POSIX behavior? > > If so, we need different application handling for Cygwin and POSIX. > > I thought it would be informative to respond by referring the OP > to a section of the Cygwin User's Guide or FAQ that mentioned the > limitations of Cygwin, but I could not find it. Needs debugging. Off the top of my head I have no clue why this doesn't work. I'm just not near any Windows machine ATM... Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat