On Jan 12 09:07, Masamichi Hosoda wrote: > Hello, > > I've found that rename() cannot replace the file > which is opened with writable access on Cygwin. > On Linux, it works. > > If I understand correctly, it should work under POSIX. > > Here's sample code for reproduce. Thanks for the testcase. I applied a patch(*) and will upload a new developer snapshot for testing to https://cygwin.com/snapshots/ at some point tomorrow. Corinna (*) https://sourceware.org/git/?p=newlib-cygwin.git;a=commitdiff;h=6ed4753 -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat