On Jan 13 20:07, Thomas Waldmann wrote: > On 01/13/2017 07:18 PM, Thomas Waldmann wrote: > > It was a bug in our code that was triggered frequently by the small > > cygwin pipe buffer size of only 64kiB. > > > > borgbackup fix/workaround see there: > > > > https://github.com/borgbackup/borg/pull/2032 > > > > It (almost?) never happened on other OSes, due to their bigger buffers. > > Hmm, the last phrase seems not to be the real reason why it worked > there, but rather that neither Linux nor *BSD ever do partial writes on > blocking pipes. > > So, should cygwin also behave that ^^^ way on blocking pipes? Yes. I inspected the code and the current behaviout was apparently an accident when refactoring the pipe write code. I applied a patch and uploaded new developer snapshots to https://cygwin.com/snapshots/ Please give them a try. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat