On Jan 24 10:32, cyg Simple wrote: > On 1/24/2017 10:21 AM, Nellis, Kenneth (Conduent) wrote: > > We have received several postings of people responding to the Cygwin-generated > > message: WARNING: ... Please report this problem to the public mailing list > > cygwin@cygwin.com. > > > > I wonder how many places such messages are present in the Cygwin code. > > > > Just throwing out an idea here to help people help themselves... > > > > Consider all such messages carrying an error code and referred to a Cygwin web > > page that contained links to separate pages for each error code, and those pages, > > then, would contain the latest information as to how to recover from the > > respective errors. > > > > Great idea. I can see this > > > Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html > > being referenced instead of the mail list which the person may not be > subscribed to. Care to present a patch to the web page? And we need a > patch to the text parts of Cygwin to point to the web page. If somebody cares to write a patch for a new FAQ entry, I change the Cygwin source to point it out. On second thought, Cygwin should probably simple tell the user to update the outdated Cygwin installation instead. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat