On Jan 31 18:54, Houder wrote: > On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 16:32:45, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > [snip] > > > > Therefore the question is: 'can the same situation be created under > > > under Windows?' (does Windows provide the required support?) > > > > This has nothing to do with Windows. It's the termios implementation > > inside Cygwin. I created a patch introducing the IUTF8 flag as on Linux > > as well as a code snippet trying to remove entire utf-8 characters from > > the input if the IUTF8 flag is set. And it's set now by default since > > we default to UTF-8 anyway. > > Downloaded the snapshots (both x86 and x86_64). Replaced cygwin1.dll. > > Repeated my test for both > > - bash --noediting, and > - dash > > on both snapshots. > > Now I get the expected result! (UTF-8 characters are being erased) > > Thank you. > > Henri. Thank you for testing. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat