On Mar 9 07:48, L A Walsh wrote: > Andrey Repin wrote: > > I would argue against all junctions being treated blindly. > > The difference with bind mounts in Linux is that in Linux you don't have > > the > > information available within the filesystem itself, and have no other > > option, > > than to treat them as regular directories. > > Only direct volume junctions cause an issue, and this is what should be > > fixed, > > if possible, not sidetracked with questionable workarounds. > ---- > Could you describe the benefits of your proposed solution? > > You do know that MS originally called junctions "mountpoints", > right? So why would cygwin treating them as such be a "questionable > workaround"? He's right. The mount point handling in Cygwin is based on the in-memory mount table. There's no reasonable way to fake some reparse point to look like a mount point. We can either handle it as normal dir, or as symlink. Handling it as normal dir is problematic in terms of find/rsync etc, bacause the cross-device check would fail and files are potentially visited multiple times. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat