Hi Arnold, On Apr 19 08:32, arnold@skeeve.com wrote: > Hi. > > I just did a fresh install of the 64 bit cygwin on a new Windows 10 > computer. I am trying to build gawk from git master and getting > failures. It looks like something is being miscompiled in the NODE > union. Compiler is GCC 5.4. I have no problems with this compiler > on Ubuntu 16 or with GCC 4.9 on an older 64 bit cygwin. > > Also, when running configure, there are a lot of errors about not > being able to remove conftest.exe, device or resource busy, which I do > not get on the older Cygwin. > > Repeat by > > git clone http://git.savannah.gnu.org/r/gawk.git > cd gawk > ./bootstrap.sh && ./configure && make -j && make check > > Watch several of the checks crash and burn No, I don't. I just ran the exact sequence as above on a x86_64 Windows 10 machine with Cygwin 2.8.0 and gcc 5.4.0 and "ALL TESTS PASSED". Sure you're not suffering a BLODA problem? See https://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.using.bloda Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat