Please, don't top-post. On Nov 28 12:50, snorthrop@moog.com wrote: >> From: Andrey Repin [mailto:anrdaemon@yandex.ru] >> Sent: Monday, November 27, 2017 7:00 PM >> To: Northrop, Shad ; cygwin@cygwin.com >> Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Issues hiding /dev virtual directory from SFTP users >> >> Greetings, snorthrop@moog.com! >> >> > Hello, >> >> > I am trying to get sftp secured using OpenSSH. I have been able to jail >> > the users to their home directory and remove the cygdrive virtual directory >> > from showing but I have been unable to get the /dev virtual directory >> > removed from the users when they SFTP. In the past I have been able to just >> > add "/dev /null none bind" to the fstab file but that no longer works. >> >> > Can anyone suggest how I may be able to accomplish this with CYGWIN_NT-6.3 and openssh 7.6p 1-1 ? >> >> If you jail the user to their home directory, they shouldn't be able to see >> the Cygwin root in first place. >> I don't understand your issue. > > Andrey, > > They are not able to see the cygdrive. They are able to see the /dev > virtual directory and all of the device mounts within it. And why do you want to remove that? There's nothing in /dev your users shouldn't see, but there's stuff in there required for certain functionality. For instance, bash handles /dev/std{in,out,err} and people may rely on this. Also, any application using the default paths for POSIX shmem, semaphores and message queues will stop working. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat