On Nov 30 00:41, ViOLeT wrote: > # OS Language > Korean (Asia), CHCP Code 949 > > # Locale Code > LANG= > LC_CTYPE="C.UTF-8" > LC_NUMERIC="C.UTF-8" > LC_TIME="C.UTF-8" > LC_COLLATE="C.UTF-8" > LC_MONETARY="C.UTF-8" > LC_MESSAGES="C.UTF-8" > LC_ALL= > > Is it an operating system language issue? I honestly don't know. You see me really puzzled by this problem. I tried your examples again in mintty and a Windows console set to CP 949 with the locale set to "C.UTF-8", but it works fine for me in all cases. Could you try to debug this problem? If you install gdb and the cygwin-debuginfo package, you should be able to step through the code of regtool (with a bit of jumping around due to compiler optimization) and see what happens. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat