On Dec 9 15:58, Stéphane Mbape via cygwin wrote: > Hello, > > While embeding luajit in a c  program, I found myself unable to fork > processes. > Investigations prove that it was related to nmap. > To be accurate, calling nmap with hint address in a unmapped memory region > will cause all forks to fail with > "fixup_mmaps_after_fork: ReadProcessMemory failed for MAP_PRIVATE address > 0x6FFFFFE0000, Win32 error 299" > > There is a sample code below. > > Thank you for reading. Thank you for the testcase. I pushed a patch and uploaded new developer snapshots to https://cygwin.com/snapshots. Please test. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat