public inbox for cygwin@cygwin.com
From: Ulli Horlacher <framstag@rus.uni-stuttgart.de>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: "setup-x86 --quiet-mode" problems
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 16:31:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I have an update script which calls "setup-x86 --quiet-mode".
So far, this works great, but now it tries to install a new mintty.exe,
but one mintty still running (where I started setup-x86), so setup-x86
kills this process... and setup-x86.exe is killed, too, which resulted in
a damaged cygwin installation :-(

I was able to fix it by running setup-x86.exe via Windows Explorer (puhhhh!).

How can I avoid this kind of problem in the future?

I tried it with:

setup-x86 --quiet-mode &
sleep 1
kill -9 $PPID

But setup-x86 was killed again, too.

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum TIK