On Apr 22 09:25, Achim Gratz wrote: > Achim Gratz writes: > >> I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Are there > >> differences or not? > > > > You're on to something. I have over 500 groups in my token in the old > > domain, but only half of those end up in the token when I'm logged in on > > the machine in the new domain (at least as far as Cygwin is concerned as > > obviously I can still access the files when I'm actually trying). I > > scheduled an audience with one of the AD guys some time next week, he > > thinks he can explain why that happens and hopefully it's something that > > can be fixed on the AD side. > > Here's what I understood of that: The problem was how the group that was > supposed to give me access was set up in AD a long time ago. Apparently > when you have an AD forest or a federation you can separately flag if > the groups are visible or valid outside the defining domain and it had > been set up to have restricted validity, while still being visible in > all domains. Only when both these flags are set will the group actually > be in your AuthZ token ("universal group"). Actual file access still > worked since the access was checked on the file server which was in the > "home" domain. So, the group got converted to a universal one and the > problem went away after that change had replicated to all DC. Perfect. Thanks for sharing the solution! Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat