On Jun 25 11:59, Hiya Z wrote: > >Btw., I can't reproduce this problem. Cygwin's sshd service always > >starts for me at boottime as expected. > > >Did you check if the log file in /var/log contains any more info? > > I see nothing in /var/log/sshd.log. Windows event log shows following > errors: > > -- > Error 6/20/2018 3:45:19 PM Service Control Manager > 7009 None > A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the sshd > service to connect. > > Error 6/20/2018 3:45:19 PM Service Control Manager > 7000 None > The sshd service failed to start due to the following error: > The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely > fashion. > -- > > Another odd behavior that I observe is that after a reboot, starting a > Cygwin64 terminal (first time) takes a long time. Launching subsequent > mintty terminals is quick as it should be. Could it be that sshd startup > upon reboot is hitting the same delay as the 1st mintty? > > Will try removing %SystemRoot%\System32\OpenSSH from the PATH to see if it > improves things. I didn't remove it and it works fine for me. The OpenSSH path is pretty late in $PATH and should not affect starting with cygrunsrv because it prepends /bin to $PATH before running the service... unless you used the -e option to cygrunsrv to infuse your own $PATH. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat