On Jun 28 10:19, Timo Maier wrote: > Hello Corinna, > > yes, pls send me the DLL, I will try. Thanks for testing! Turns out the drive in question returns a non-standard error code, ERROR_NOT_READY rather than ERROR_NO_MEDIA_IN_DRIVE to indicate that no media is present. This error code is not documented as a valid return value for GetTapeStatus on MSDN. I pushed a patch to handle this error code and uploaded new developer snapshots with this patch to https://cygwin.com/snapshots/ Please use the snapshot DLL for the time being if you need access to your drive from Cygwin. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat