On Jul 4 04:44, Takashi Yano wrote: > Why was /dev/kmsg deleted from cygwin1.dll in git? > Due to this change, syslogd in inetutils package no longer works. /dev/kmsg doesn't really give any useful information. It was never used for more than some exception information, but it required a complete fhandler class on its own. I wanted to get rid of the useless code. Inetutils is an orphaned package (and rightfully so). If you think you need inetutils and especially syslogd, I suggest to take over maintainance of that package and tweak syslogd so it doesn't require /dev/kmsg anymore. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat