On Aug 21 19:57, cyg Simple wrote: > On 8/21/2018 4:13 PM, Andrey Repin wrote: > > Greetings, cyg Simple! > > > >> During the testing at least one of the tests does `setfacl -m group:0:1 > >> tmpfile0`. Obviously this gets a 'permission denied' error as group 0 > >> doesn't exist. What do you suggest for reasonable replacement for 0? > > > > Nothing. Not all systems have a concept of "group 0". Just skip this test. > > I'm not interested in skipping the test; after all the path for the test > is Cygwin specific. It's just not the correct thing to do for the > Cygwin specific path. I believe 11 to be the correct test and will > pursue that upstream. Marco suggested maybe 544(Administrator) but that > doesn't work with a typical user build while doing the same in Linux for > root group 0 as a typical user I would need to have elevated privilege > in Windows to use 544. Exactly as on another system when using group 0. If these tests are really only performed on Cygwin, I don't know what the creator intended. Otherwise, if you want to reproduce what the testcase did, you should in fact use an admin group. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat