On Sep 1 09:56, Andreas Hauptmann wrote: > On Sat, 1 Sep 2018 01:24:49 +0000 > Bryan Phelps wrote: > > > I'll continue to look around for a more minimal repro, > > The normalization of paths with backslashes has changed. > > The following doesn't work any longer: > > cd /tmp > stat "..\bin\file.exe" # or > stat "..\\bin\\file.exe" > > This however still works: > > stat "C:\cygwin\bin\file.exe" I know where the problem is. A new piece of code fixing a crash due to a buffer underflow is too aggressively guarding the path buffer against this underflow when normalizing ".." in Win32 paths. I'll fix this and release a 2.11.1 soon, but I still have a question: Why do I push out test releases if nobody cares? In terms of this OCAML build system problem: Please fix your build system. Do not mix POSIX and Win32 paths, use POSIX paths only. Backslashes are *no* drop-in replacement for slashes. Some of the path handling is seriously crippled as soon as you start using backslashes, and that's a delipberate decision and won't change, even after fixing the aforementioned bug. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat