On Sep 2 08:37, David Allsopp wrote: > Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > On Sep 1 16:41, David Allsopp wrote: > > > Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > > > Some of the path handling is seriously crippled as soon as you start > > > > using backslashes, and that's a delipberate decision and won't > > > > change, even after fixing the aforementioned bug. > > > > > > I don't quite follow this - does that mean that that path definitely > > > work even with a new Cygwin? i.e. our existing build system is > > > permanently broken for Cygwin 2.11+? > > > > No. The problem we're talking about here is a regression and needs fixing, no > > doubt about it. > > > > I was just saying that win32 paths *in general* get a less complete treatment > > than POSIX paths for hopefully obvious reasons. Just be aware that \foo\bar is > > not the same as /foo/bar and may even point to another file. > > > > As for the bug in question: I pushed a patch which should fix this issue. I > > created new developer snapshots and uploaded them to > > https://cygwin.com/snapshots/. Please give them a try. > > Thanks! That snapshot does indeed fix our build. Thanks for testing. > How feasible would it be to generate an alternate setup.ini > (setup-snapshots.ini or something) and include the snapshots in the > actual mirror with a switch to setup to select the alternate file? > When we finally get to it with OCaml's CI, that is probably how I > would configure our CI to operate (i.e. synchronise with a mirror, > download the latest snapshot and then patch setup.ini), but I imagine > there might be other projects which would set jobs running if it were > very simple from upstream to do. I'll release 2.11.1 today or tomorrow. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat