On Oct 18 08:30, matthew patton via cygwin wrote: > Many of the headers in 'sys' include their counterparts from 'cygwin'. > Why is acl.h special? I see the comment on line 25 but I'm missing the > point, I guess - not seeing the collisions. Not collisions, namespace poisoning. cygwin/acl.h defines the old Solaris macros and function calls, but a POSIX application should be free to use functions like "acl" by itself. > 'cygwin/acl.h' is a very important file. No, it isn't, if you're using POSIX ACLs. > Granted I don't normally > compile much from source under Cygwin but I was building my own (very > slightly) modified RSYNC and stumbled across the missing dependency. > > What is the correct solution if the 1-liner fix to sys/acl.h is not > acceptable? Build rsync with POSIX ACL support. It's already in the sources. It's very likely that a simple autoconf (or autoreconf if you build from repo sources) will do. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat