On Jan 18 16:12, Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] via cygwin wrote: > Hi, > > Thank you for adding the chattr/lsattr utilities to Cygwin base, I think they can come very handy. > > May I have a small suggestion, please: > > To use -V/--version (that lsattr does already) consistently for both, and -v/--verbose in chattr (and update the docs too). > > -V is conventionally used for the version reporting and -v is usually for verbose logging, so the current -V/--verbose and -v/--version pairs in chattr are a bit off, IMHO. I modeled this after the upstream version. Compare with https://linux.die.net/man/1/chattr ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Cygwin Maintainer