On Jan 20 15:33, Dan Bonachea wrote: > I'm writing to report some POSIX compliance problems with Cygwin > signal handling in the presence of multiple pthreads that our group > has encountered in our parallel scientific computing codes. > > A minimal test program is copied below and also available here: > https://upc-bugs.lbl.gov/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=589 > > I believe the test program is fully compliant with ISO C 99 and POSIX > 1003.1-2016. In a nutshell, it registers one signal handler, spawns a > number of pthreads, and then synchronously generates a signal from > exactly one thread while others sit in a pthread_barrier_wait. The > "throwing" thread and signal number can be varied from the command > line, and diagnostic output indicates what happened. > [...] > Is there any hope of this situation ever improving? Signal handling is a real beast and phread_barriers probably haven't been tested as extensively yet as your testcase. No guarantees for a patch, but I'll look into that as time permits. Patches to fix bugs are very welcome: https://cygwin.com/contrib.html Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Cygwin Maintainer